Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why Am I Awake??? Oh, Contractions!

The Big C
April 26, 2009

So, today's the day! I've been awake for a few hours because my contractions have been coming around every 10 minutes, making it nearly impossible to sleep. I watched my screen saver for a while, just crying because seeing all of the pictures of my family reminded me how much I've missed them, how long I've been here, and how much love I have for them.

I was really hoping to avoid labor all together, but it's just not happening. To all you women who do this the 'natural' way, I applaud you. It's no easy task. It's about 5:30 in the morning right now, and I figured I'd write one last entry before they put me under. Stake Conference was yesterday and today, so I'm missing Jeffery R. Holland's talk, which kinda bums me out...but this is an excellent reason, don't you think?

I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family. I love Brian so much, and am so grateful to be able to share the responsibility of raising these children with him. What a wonderful example he is to them, and to me. I am so glad he will be here with me today for the birth of his new boy. I've been looking at pictures of the past 3 years and have realized how things have progressed and changed and grown. In the grand scheme of it all, this is an exciting ride I wouldn't want to share with anyone else.

They're moving the surgery up from 1pm to around 9:30-10:00. If all goes well I should be able to call you guys by the end of the day. There is a chance Jimmy will have met the requirement of 4 lbs., that his lungs are excellent and that he could even come to the post-pardum room with me. What a blessing that would be, that probably is taken for granted, nearly too much.

Everyone has been a wonderful help and support to me and I am filled with gratitude and love for you all.

hugs!
terrah

1 comment:

Melody said...

Hugs to you, honey. And lots of love and prayers. :)